Monday, May 2, 2011

"Peanut Butter Spread..."

Some of my greatest inspiration comes from the next generation! If you drink as much coffee as I do sooner or later you are going to get to know the people you regularly see in Starbuck's. My new found friend Derek used the term "peanut butter spread" the other day in describing his corporate dilemma. What the heck is "peanut butter spread" I asked? He e-mailed me a definition: "the act of taking meager resources and spreading them as thin as possible to cover the most projects." I love the latest lingo - and younger guys with fresh ideas!

"Peanut butter spreading" has got to be happening all across America. As we limp out of the recession so many businesses have downsized that a lot of the leftover people find themselves doing jobs, and assuming responsibilities that have never fit their job descriptions.





No comments:

Post a Comment