Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Pigs Get Fat, and Hogs Get Slaughtered!"

Come on now, we all know the economy is terrible! But really, is this the time for business owners to be getting greedy? Will people really resort to saying or doing anything just to grab that  next additional piece of business? Sadly, I'm afraid the answer is yes!


The Bible says, "LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure!" (Psalm 16:5) I don't need anything else! That settles it for me! But that wisdom sure flies in the face of this world. Trading the "seen" for the "unseen" always seems to confuse us! I mean, you can "see" that next piece of business - but you have to trust what you can't see when God provides.


Since there is tangible evidence of in the flesh "buyers" out there, people who have something to sell take it upon themselves to "sell" as much as they can.  After all, that's how you grow your business. But what happens when your competitive exuberance sells more that you can produce? Does a weak economy mean that you grab all the sales you can - despite your inability to keep up with the production? "Pigs get fat, and hogs get slaughtered!"


I've seen guys who have a natural knack for selling. To bad they don't have a natural knack for building (producing)! The secret seems to be to "let go, and let God." Since He produced all of what we see and experience anyway, don't you think He knows what we need? I'll bet on the fact that He does! 


Through the years our business' have been horribly busy from time to time. We also have been slow. But God always gets it right - I've yet to miss a meal or a mortgage payment! We've been blessed beyond measure! Our "portion and our cup" have always been full. Does this sound a little bit like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute? Sometimes it feels like it, but we serve a Mighty God who always make sure we experience a soft landing!

No comments:

Post a Comment