- Our nuclear family is imploding! The Dallas Morning News revealed that the 2010 census shows that only 48% of today's "families" are married. This is down from 52% in 2000. Matter of fact the census bureau actually had to re-define "family" to accommodate this shift!
- Divorce is way North of 50%. Not only are we having trouble defining family, we seem to be having more trouble keeping them together!
- Freedom of choice is being wrestled away! All of a sudden we don't get to pick our own health insurance anymore. A national survey recently found that 56% of all Doctors are not accepting new patients due to over regulation. The American Dream of owning your own home has been aggressively regulated by lenders who can't lend, and appraisers fearful of stiff penalties associated with tough new rules of the game. The United States owns car companies, insurance companies, investment banking firms - and on and on it goes!
- Republicans and Democrats can't agree on anything! Where debate used to be healthy, today is is vicious! I fear the emphasis has become on "winning," instead of doing what's right.
- Greed has become our centerpiece! Forget what's right - decisions are being made based on what is best for the person making the decision. We have lost sight of "the greater common good."
America was never stronger than that period following the tragedy of 911! We came together, united to fight the unseen enemy of terrorism. Universally what was good for one was good for all. How have we drifted so far in so little time? Are we patronizing our soldiers by thanking them for their service on one hand, and allowing the erosion of freedom on the other?